Friday, March 28, 2008

Yes, you're so helpful...now go play.

Savannah is at that wonderful stage where she thinks she can do everything and anything by herself. It's great, it really is, and I try to encourage her to do as much as possible, because after all, that's how they learn, right? I take advantage of it, too, and have her run around and fetch things for me. ..."Savannah, go and get Mama's brush, ok?" She scurries off, and brings it back, and I say , "Thank you so much! You're so helpful!"

Today I was loading the dishwasher, an activity that thrills Savannah to no end. Hopefully she'll have retained this enthusiasm in about 8 years or so, but we shall see. I wasn't paying much attention to her as she moved her little Diego chair over to sit close by. I looked down in time to see her removing every dish that I had just put in.

"Savannah! No! What are you doing?"

She turned her sweet brown eyes on me and said, "So helpful, Mama!"

And there wasn't much of anything I could say to that.

No comments: