Monday, February 23, 2009

Conglomeration

By the time my hubby rolled into town on Thursday night, back from a 4-day business trip, I was almost over my computer withdrawals. Funny how that works....I complain that I'm gonna be without it, and then I settle down with a stack of library books, and...voila. Computer addiction all but forgotten.

But because he knows me so well, he walked in, kissed us hello, twirled Savannah around, and then set up my computer for me. In that order, and within about 5 minutes of his arrival.

And again...voila. Library books all but forgotten.

Ok, so maybe it isn't quite that bad...I suppose if I had to pick just one for the rest of my life, books or internet, I would still pick books. But, have mercy, I hope I never have to make that decision.

One of the reasons I was so anxious to get back online, though, was because of my darling friend Rachel at In His Hands. Rachel is the kind of invisible blog friend who I just know I would have no problem sitting down with, grabbing Starbucks and hashing over the latest episode of The Bachelor or Amazing Race. Rachel and Josh are in the process of adopting a precious little one from Korea. Now, I knew that process was incredibly expensive, but I had no idea just how much it really does cost.

So Rachel has been hard at work, putting together an amazing raffle-style giveaway and fundraiser. And she has some amazing prizes that she is offering. So head on over to her blog to check it out...I know that you are going to love her as much as I do.



And now for my Project 365 pics, Week 8...




On Saturday I had a little baby shower for my best friend, Tara. She already has one little guy, a 2-year old who is beyond cute and all boy , and he is going to become a big brother in about two weeks.

Savannah had to be threatened with all sorts of dire consequences if she even THOUGHT about touching the cake before it was time to cut it. As soon as a piece was set in front of her, the frosting and Bavarian cream filling disappeared, and the yellow cake was abandoned.



Is it apparent that I don't take a picture every day? I'm more the type that takes about 50 pictures one day and then none the next 4 days. And I forget my camera everytime we go anywhere, which probably leads you to believe that we never leave the house.

I promise, we do.

But I've finally made peace with this unorthodox way of doing Project 365 - it's just the way it is.

Happy Monday!

28 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Welcome back!! SO glad to see a post from you. :)

I love your pictures! It's just so fun to get a real glimpse into the life of some one that I pretend is my real life friend. You know how it is...

Your project 365 is part of what inspired me to start my 29th year blog. I LOVE doing it!! It's just a neat way yo find that little treasure in each day.

sara said...

I love your pictures....and the beauty of this project is that you make it your own and make it work for you!!!

your daughter is so beautiful!!!

Aspiemom said...

Welcome back! So, did you read ALL of those books? I think I read all of those except the Angela Hunt one- and I thot I'd read all of hers. Which did you like the best?

I love your pictures, but if you should start taking more I'm sure I will love them, too!

Tell your friend how beautiful she looked and I loved her outfit. Didn't know maternity could look so sexy!

Colored With Memories said...

i love to read the order of how things went down as your hubby walked in...so funny!

that cake is so cute!

and i love the pic of s w/the "ducks"...looks like our neighborhood pond...flooded w/ GEESE...are yours nice?

Jodie | Velour said...

Your little pregnant friend is SO cute! Great style. :)

I love the title of this post. I had forgotten how much I like the word conglomeration. :) I'm glad you're back! I love reading your posts so much. :)

Oh, and about your photo "system"... I am the SAME way. I seem to take all of my pictures for the week in one day. Seriously, it's inconceivable to think that I could possibly do all it takes to take one memorable picture a day AND feed my family too.... not gonna happen, and I am a-okay with that. :)

I'm so glad you're back --- and your pile of books is very impressive. I can't believe you devoured so many in 4 tiny days. You are amazing. :)

Unknown said...

Jackie, did you make the cake? It was really cute! Love the pictures and happy to read another post from one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful baby girl.

And, I'm with you on the pictures. Does it still count if we take all the pictures the same day? That's what I do.

Sara@iSass said...

IT is good to have a HERO!
(My hubby saves me daily, I am fortunate that he doesn't travel. I would hate to thik of the nightmare emergencies I'd be having.)
I have also slacked on the 365 thing. I have decided to let myself off the hook. If I take a picture yippy! if not nobodies going to miss what happened that day...especially me!
Oh, would that be fun to get together and talk Bachelor?!?!

SmilingSally said...

I am glad that you hubby is your hero and that you and your computer are working again.

Heather of the EO said...

Welcome back. I love that your hubby set the computer up for your right away. That's LOVE.

Heather of the EO said...

That's supposed to be "you right away" I'm tired...

Rach@In His Hands said...

I love that your hubby is so thoughtful - what a guy!

THANK YOU again for helping me So much with our adoption fund raiser....you are incredible and so sweet.

Go girl on the fab baby shower! I'm very impressed. I'm sure your gorgeous friend was so grateful!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered opening up a cake shop? Yours are always awesome - I'd hire you!

As for the camera dilemma, I bought one that fits in my purse and now I never forget it!

Growin' With It said...

oh sweet savannah...i'd have a hard time not dipping my finger into that icing too! ☺

Penny said...

Yea, you're back!!! Your daughter is sooo beautiful! Gorgeous!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I love the picture of Savannah devouring the cake.....my kind of girl! ;)

Michelle said...

Great pictures. You have a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

What a sweet man to know your every need...have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

I like your book picks. At Home in Mitford is one of my very favorites. If given a choice, I'd pick books over my computer too, but isn't it nice to have your computer back! Sometimes I wish mine would break so I wouldn't feel it's call to me:)

I have a confession: I don't take pictures everyday either. I occasionally do, but usually they're all from two or three days during the week. Our way of doing it is just fine!

I love Savannah's different expressions in your pictures, and those bright eyes. I bet she says a lot with them!

Becky said...

Fun way to do the project. I like your collages. That cake is cute and your little girl is gorgeous.

Gretchen said...

Okay...I was NEVER that cute as a pregnant lady. If you tell me she has a sweet personality, too, I think I might just find a cliff to walk off of. ;)

Great pictures.

Great hubby.

Great cake.

Adorable Savannah.

And yay you for giving a shower. Hugs.

Rachel said...

I am the same way about pictures. Have you seen my post today? I must congratulate you on finding a differant word for random! I have been searching for one for weeks!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

I do the same thing. I will take tons of pictures one day and not take another for weeks. Uhhh. This is my first time to your blog and now I know I will be back. :D Have a great week

Lisa said...

Hey, your picture method works just fine...you'll still appreciate it come December and if you don't put pressure on yourself you may enjoy it more, and that's the point.

Savannah is just so beautiful. That's what I think everytime I see her.

What's your book report after the week. Did you have a favorite book or author?

Becky said...

Jackie, the picture projects are amazing! I love it!
What a cute cake!!
I so enjoy your blog!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

I'm the same way with my camera.

My oldest daughter eats cake the same way. She once told me she doesn't like the "crust", of course meaning the actual cake. She'd be happy if we stuck candles in a bowl of frosting for her birthday. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm glad to find someone else doing Project 365 too! So far I HAVE managed to take a photo every day, but I'm pretty sure I will forget a few times before the end of the year. :)

Alana said...

Hello, my name is Alana and I'm your picture taking twin! I'm so glad I've met someone who operates the same as me with this! Also, I've been renewing my love for books again lately too!

Also, love that quote by Sylvia Plath.