Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This isn't supposed to happen anymore!

Last night was rough. To begin with I didn't go to bed when I should have. I really need to stop staying up so late. I finally fell asleep around 2:00 or so, only to be awakened by sobbing at 4:30. Savannah was crying hysterically. Usually if she is just crying a bit or making noise, I leave her alone and she goes right back to sleep. But she was having a full-on cry. She sounded so upset and sort of scared, so I got her and brought her into bed with us. Well. That doesn't work so good anymore. She laid there for over an hour without sleeping. She wasn't being bad or noisy necessarily, just awake, which kept us awake. Then after Ricardo got up at 5:30, we finally drifted off to sleep. I had visions of sleeping in until 10:00 or so, but no, she was wide awake by 8:00. I tried to ignore her, which is quite hard when she says "Hi", then digs her feet in to my ribs, then talks to her animals, then throws herself on top of me. By the time she started asking for a banana over and over, I knew I couldn't stretch it out any longer and had to get up. Oh well, there will always be time to sleep later. Now I have to choose between taking a nap or doing treadmill today while she is napping. What a choice!

No comments: