Thursday, December 06, 2007

Watch me grow!

We took Savannah to the doctor for her 2 year checkup yesterday. Earlier in the day as I was getting her ready, I told her where she was going.

"Savannah, you're going to the Doctor! Do you want to go see the Doctor?"

"Yeah!! Dah-ter! Dah-ter!"

She had no idea what I was talking about but I wanted it to seem like a positive thing. So we arrived at 11:30, and after we checked in and waited a bit, the nurse (my favorite one, Maryanne), came and called, "Savannah?"

Savannah, who had been scribbling on a piece of paper, looked up with surprise and a bit of alarm that someone unknown was calling her name. Ricardo said, "Wow, they called your name, let's go!" She got excited then and started running and jabbering. The nurse commented on how big she was as she took us back into the office. Savannah was very friendly with her, saying, "Hi!" and smiling at her as Maryanne listened to her heartbeat and did her other nurse stuff. Then it was time for the big weigh-in.

"22 pounds, 3 ounces," Maryanne announced. I had been expecting somewhere in this neighborhood, so I wasn't worried. "And she's 32 1/2 inches tall!"

"She's a heavyweight, huh?" Ricardo said. Oh well. She's just petite!

Then Dr. Ramirez came in, greeted us and chatted a bit about her development. He seemed impressed with her vocabulary. She was saying things to him, I can't remember what all she said, but most of it was fairly coherent. We discussed her weight, and he was happy with it, as he said she is still following her own growth curve. She's still in the 5% for her weight, but to me that was a big relief, as I was afraid she might have dropped off the charts again. He did the exam, said she looked fantastic, and then picked her up and gave her a hug. He seemed so genuinely happy to see how well she was doing, and he commented that the time had gone so fast since we first brought her in. I did mention the fact that she seems really pigeon-toed. He was aware of it, and said he thinks she'll outgrow it. We'll just keep an eye on it, but he didn't seemed concerned.
So for the record I'm going to chronicle her various weight gains (and losses!) since birth, just so I can remember them. I do have them in her baby book, but sometimes it's not convenient to pull it out, so here we go:

Birth: 7 lbs 1 oz, 19 1/2 inches

1 month: 8 lbs 8 oz

2 months: 10 lbs 4 oz, 22 inches

3 months: 11 lbs 4 oz

4 months: 12 lbs 6 oz, 24 1/2 inches

5 months: 13 lbs

6 months: 14 lbs 6 oz, 25 1/4 inches

9 months: 15 lbs 14 oz, 26 3/4 inches

10 months: 16 lbs 8 oz

11 months: 16 lbs 13 oz

12 months: 16 lbs 10 oz, 28 1/2 inches

15 months: 17 lbs 11 oz

18 months: 20 lbs 4 oz, 31 1/2 inches

2 years: 22 lbs 2 oz, 32 1/2 inches

So there you have it. Heavyweight, indeed! This probably won't mean anything to anyone but me. :) But it's nice to see that she's actually growing, and she eats plenty so I know she's ok. She's taking her nap now, I can hear her breathing loudly and evenly in the monitor so I'm going to go jump on the treadmill while I can.

No comments: