Friday, September 05, 2008

Groovin'

I was four and my sister was six when we sat down at some version of an ancient keyboard and picked out a tune by ear for the first time. We were hooked after that.

Our house was always rockin' with the sounds of my brothers beating on drums, or strumming guitars, or playing the saxaphone and bass.

The love of music runs deep in our family, and Savannah has obviously inherited it. She couldn't keep her hands off of Uncle Jeremy's guitar. Hmmm...looks like she needs to work on her rhythm a bit, but....oh my, she's a precious little thing, if I do say so myself. I love how she closes her eyes and sways in imitation of him.


20 comments:

SarahHub said...

Oh, she is adorable! Don't you love how kids dance with no thought to how they must look?

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Music in a house makes for a happier place! She is a doll :0)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Love that you posted this! :) Super sweet. :) You have a gem there you know! :)

Unknown said...

She's got the music in her. Loved the closed eyes too. Too cute.

SmilingSally said...

The video didn't work, but music is an important part in all our lives.

Unknown said...

That's too sweet. Rachel kept asking me to replay it!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Uncle and Music, what a great combination!

Gretchen said...

Where are the syrup and spoon? I need to eat her up! So darling.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Oh, she is so adorable. I love the look of sheer joy on her face!

Genny said...

Okay, this is TOO cute!!! So precious. Have a great weekend,
Genny

Wanda said...

SAAAAAAWEEEEEET!
Precious girl!

Git down on it!

Karen Hossink said...

She is sweet. Go ahead and say so! And she definitely looks like she enjoys music. My kind of girl!!!

jennifer said...

cute, cute, cute!

Avery was watching with me and said, "Again!" every time it ended. We just watched it 3 times!

Anonymous said...

Totally, brought a smile to my face.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Closin' the eyes, feelin' the beat, sort of ... the cutest thing. And he looks like he's enjoying watching her, too. Music has a way with our hearts, for sure.

Mamajil said...

Oh my goodness could she be any cuter!!!!!! Love this post! Welcome back!!

Miss Lisa said...

Awwwwwww...I love it :)

ttm said...

EJ and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them jam, so cute!

Grace Acres said...

ths so cute, she is going to love uncle jeremy forever for playing with her.

Mrs. H said...

That might be the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time! I love it! She is a doll!