Friday, September 26, 2008

Help is desperately needed

So, the I See What You're Saying carnival is exactly 4 days away. Yikes...nothing like waiting until the last minute. I think that I was trying to trick myself into thinking that if I waited long enough, then I wouldn't have time to put something together, and then...ooohh...I wouldn't have to do it.

Which would have been fine and dandy if I hadn't gone and written my last post. Yeah, that one...about doing things that are uncomfortable? Stepping out? A crockpot full of beans that turns out way better than expected?

Hmmm...I suppose it's too late to delete that post, right? Too many of you have already read it. So I will get over myself and do my little video. But seriously, I am stuck. I wanted to do something clever and creative, but nothing is coming to me. I know there are several of you that are participating and I don't expect you to share your top-secret ideas with me, but for anyone else out there that cares, what would you like to see if you were forced to watch a 2-minute video of me? I need some help, sisters. Some ideas. I'm all ears.

I suppose I could do a tutorial such as Cooking Quesadillas and Reading Blogs...Two Activities That do not Mix. As evidenced by the charred appearance here.



To redeem myself, here is proof that something I made this week turned out quite well...homemade pizza.




We were babysitting for 3 little kids the afternoon that I made this, and when their father came to pick them up, my hubby noticed that he had a big bag of Popeyes chicken in the car. Now, I am not one to shake a stick at Popeyes chicken, but I had just pulled this pizza from the oven, and I was thinking it looked pretty darn good. Well, Hubby, who was apparently salivating over the chicken and did not take time to think things through, blurted out, "Man, I wanted to tell Robert, Hey, you want a pizza? We'll take that chicken off your hands!'"

Then he saw my face.

And realized that it was not the most judicious thing he had ever uttered. He could not praise my pizza enough after that.

I guess a round-about compliment is better than none at all...or so I am telling myself.


Photobucket

23 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

You wonder what some guys are thinking sometimes. I hope on top of the compliments, he cleaned the entire kitchen then too!

And I would always take a home made pizza over fast food anyday :)

Wendy said...

Wow, that pizza looks really good! (Even first thing in the morning...)

Sorry, I have no ideas for the carnival... Maybe a little later when my brain actually wakes up.

SmilingSally said...

So, do a video demonstrating how to make pizza.

Casey said...

LOL!!! Sounds like something my husband would say! See guys--- think first, then speak! :)

I still haven't decided if I am going to participate either. Def. out of my comfort zone... but we'll see!

Happy Friday!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Dear! I am not creative at all about those types of things. I always detested public speaking. Sorry I can't help. But, you are so creative with you posts, I'm sure something will come to you.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

The Pizza looks wonderful! I won't be satisfied until I have some this weekend now that I have seen that.
Good luck on thinking up something. I am in weekend mode with no ideas!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh - it's going to be SO.much.fun girl! You are so witty and funny and smart and beautiful in your posts that I have NO DOUBT the video will be any different. :)
I do know what you are saying though (and soon will see what you are saying -HA) I am afraid that every one participating will be super great and funny and come up with awesome things and mine will be lame. I have no great ideas, I'm jsut going to wing it. :)
Thanks for sticking with me here as I put WAY too stinkin' many 'and's in this comment.
That pizza looks delicious! Guys...gotta love 'em! :)

Hirra said...

Many of your posts always make me so very hungry! And especially when you post those great pictures. :) About the "I See What You're Saying Carnival" I would love to hear you play the saxophone again. You made me love the sound of that instrument. So,if you can just incorporate that into your speech somehow... it would be great! It'll be good to hear your voice again. Have fun with it. I know you'll do a great job. You're always so creative with your posts.

Growin' With It said...

men. poor things. and i thought we women were the ones who put our foots in our mouths all the time. at least i do!

and the blog video. don't sweat it. just try to think it is a few friends watching you say hi...and not a gazillion people who can now see you online. not helping am i? i look forward to your video, no matter what you do/say on it! it'll be fun, keep telling yourself that!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I am new to your blog...I love it!
How funny with the pizza...no blogging and cooking together can be a diaster!
-Sandy Toes

Becky said...

Wow! to the new design look. You did this?!! I'd have NO clue!!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

The pizza looked great.

Grace Acres said...

I swear men just don't think before uttering words. But it really did look great.

Alana said...

Wow. That pizza! Seriously, it looks amazing!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Girl, I am in EXACTLY the same boat with you. I plan on making my video tomorrow, but I have NO IDEA what to say.

None.

The pizza looks awesome, though.
:-)

Colored With Memories said...

okay, so as a gringa who loves mexican food...what i'd love to hear from you seeing that you are married into a family of great mexican food cooks...share the wealth, friend!

salsa? flautas? anything?

Jamie said...

That pizza looks wonderful!

Sorry...I don't have any ideas for the video thing, but I do look forward to seeing what you come up with. I think it will be a ton of fun.

jennifer said...

Oh. I'm so stressed about doing that post!

I haven't started mine either. I have an idea, but I don't know if I can pull it off without looking like a complete goober. hmmm...

I wish I could help you come up with some good ideas! I'm pretty worthless with that, though!

ttm said...

You know...you can always invite us over if you ever want to share your homemade successes with anyone! I would gladly bite into that delicious looking pizza!

Oh, PS- can you remind me how to change my display so my email address is linked? Thanks!

Tracey said...

You've been tagged for 6 random things about yourself. Come by my blog to see...have a great day!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh funny. That pizza looks delicious!

SarahHub said...

That pizza looks wonderful. Your husband must be crazy! :)

Mozi Esme said...

Ouch! Tell your hubby he gets no sympathy from me!