Friday, November 07, 2008

HFTH - Week 3



Well, this week was alright, food-wise. Still not much exercise....knee is better, just stiff and I can't fully bend it, so aerobic exercise is still out. It's weird, because now that I can't exercise, I actually want to. Hmm....

So I was all excited and determined to lose 2 pounds this week....and it didn't happen. I did lose one pound, though, so I'll take it. Down 3 1/2 total. Wow, this is slow going...but I know at Christmas I'll look back and be so glad I did this.

Also - and this is something that made me want to jump up and down - this is the lowest weight I've been at since having Savannah. I am not at my pre-pregnancy weight (wow, that's terrible...she's only three) but it'll come.

So tomorrow we have a birthday party, and I know in advance that they are having pizza - my ultimate downfall - and of course cake. So my bargain with myself is that I can have a limited amount of pizza, but no cake. I'll report back and let y'all know how my willpower holds up.

Short and sweet this week...I am in the middle of doing some Christmas craft projects with Savannah. Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

20 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Jackie ~ Way to go on another lb! Hey, there is no shame in taking a few years to get back to your "old self"!!
Good luck with the pizza and cake tomorrow.....it is SO hard to not indulge, especially when its a party.
Have a fun weekend....

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

A pound gone - WOO HOO! That's awesome. Good luck at the party - cake would be SO hard for me to resist!

Gretchen said...

So proud of you!!!! Just think of 3.5 pounds of buttah, and you'll be even more proud! Have a great weekend.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Good job! How's your injury? Still keeping you from exercising?

Aspiemom said...

Great work on the 1 lb. and the good eating habits this week.

Pizza and cake is a big temptation! I'd fill up on water before I went! I hope you do well and also have lots of fun.

Keep up the good work and I hope your knee allows you to get back to exercising soon!

sara said...

slow is good, it will tend to stay off!! Congrats on the 3.5 pounds! That's awesome! I have got to get back on my exercise routine, 2 weeks off and it's hard to start back up!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

That sounds like you have a good plan for the party. You are dong WONDERFUL, girl!

jennifer said...

Look at you with a million followers! Very impressive, but not surprising - cause you are just the sweetest. :-)

Hooray for losing some weight. Keep up the good work.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

OH I'm so jealous (in a girlfriend kinda way, of course!)

You've lost 3 1/2 lbs. AND you're already getting your Christmas crafts done!

Great job, Jackie! Now I gotta get on the BALL!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Good job Jackie! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have limitations on exercising right when you are wanting to do it so bad. You show true determination!

I'm interested in what crafting things you are doing with Savannah. :)

Membership Required said...

Good Luck this week...eat the veggie pizza. Grin. Tell us about the crafts. I'll be back by next week.

One More Equals Four said...

Great job on the weight loss! Have fun at the birthday party and don't worry about a little splurge, we all need 'em sometimes! god luck this week!

Rachelle said...

Congrats on the pound!

Mrs. H said...

Hey Jackie...I think I found your 3.5 lbs! haha!

You're doing great! I need to get serious I can feel my jeans getting a little uncomfortable! Yuck!

Keep up the good work!

Miss Lisa said...

Another pound--woo hoo! You will absolutely be hot for the holidays :)

Have fun with the crafts!

Lisa said...

Be sure to let us know if you come up with some successful, EASY craft projects that we can do with our kids.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Pizza would also be my downfall... we had it last night and I'm already wishing we could have some again tonight!! Congrats on your loss! :)

Mozi Esme said...

Good luck at the party - and enjoy that pizza!

Those Christmas crafts sound like fun - I need to start thinking along those lines...

Genny said...

Jackie,

I love pizza too... :) Have fun at the party and don't be too hard on yourself!

Thanks for the sweet comment the other day!

Genny

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Way to go, Jackie! Slow and steady wins the race, every time. Don't get discouraged -- it's not going slow, that's just the way it works when you're losing weight with the intention of keeping it off! :)