Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness - Heartfelt and a little random

It is 1:30 a.m., so that explains the random part. The heartfelt part...well, truly, I am so very thankful...

For grace and forgiveness - not only for a God who forgives me but for a family that forgives as well when I blow it multiple times a day.

That my hubby doesn't think it's weird when I say, "Don't you wish you could shrink yourself and be transported into a little animated old-fashioned Christmas village, where it is so perfect and idyllic and serene?" And he shrugs and says, "Never thought about it that way." But he still loves me. And puts up with my obsession with animated Christmas villages.

For a baby girl whose giggle delights me like nothing else, whose eyes are the deepest of chocolate brown, and whose mind works a mile a minute and almost scares me sometimes with the speed with which it computes things.

For a family who will do anything for you.

For mashed potatoes. In which I plan to indulge in about 32 more hours. You can add stuffing and pumpkin roll to that list too. Oh, yeah. (I just realized this is the second post in a row where I have mentioned these 3 things. Maybe I've been thinking about it just a tad too much...)

That Savannah is now old enough to understand me when I yell, "Baby! Mama needs you to bring me some more toilet paper from the closet!" It's so convenient. And that might possibly be too much information, but come on, you know we've all been there.

For the ability to exercise. This whole knee thing scared me a bit, and also made me determine never to complain again about exercise. (You can remind me of that if I start getting cranky on my HFTH posts).

That His ways are not my ways. Oh, how I sometimes wish they were. Then I could avoid all of this pain, this uncomfortable place He has me in now. But He says to trust, and so I do. And I'm thankful.

For my chiropractor, the miracle-worker who makes my back feel young again.

For a hubby who wakes me up every morning to kiss me goodbye, even if I only have the presence of mind to grunt half-heartedly at him. He knows that this night owl doesn't have all her wits about her that early.

I think this is all the randomness that I can take, so...

I am thankful for all of you, my friends, both real and imaginary, whom I have built real relationships with. I appreciate every comment, every email, every prayer that I know some of you have offered up on my behalf.

I'll be absent from blogland for the next week or so. I know it's a day early, but...Happy Thanksgiving!!!






Photobucket

30 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving back at ya! I put the sweater info on my blog comment section....and I think your idea for the Christmas wonderland sounds wonderful ;)

Rachelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

It doesn't surprise me that I too have imagines being a part of the perfect little Christmas villiage. I'm not surprised that the day my Jay learned how to bring me the tp was indeed a joyous day. I'm not surprised that the food I am so excited to indulge in tomorrow is the same as your favorites. :) Because sista - it's like we share a brain. :)

Wishing you so much wonderful thankfulness as you enjoy your holiday. I am thankful for you! You have a perspective that just encourages me so much! Coming here so uplifting and I always look forward to when you post.

Praying for you.

SmilingSally said...

That perfect village exists only in storyland. Those were days of hard work and deprivation. Be thankful for today!

sara said...

you were seriously up at 1 AM?! The last time I saw that time was.........I'm not sure I ever have! ha!

happy Thanksgiving, friend!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is so sweet. I am thankful for you, too, my bloggy friend!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Aspiemom said...

Oh, I loved, loved, loved this post, Jackie! Sometimes I feel like I've been in your home with you and your family. I love your family and how you intereact with each other!

I love how honest you are and how thankful you are for even little things.

Have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I'm thankful for you, too my friend. You have a great week and we'll see you after recovery! :-)

(p.s. - loved the being thankful for a little girl who can now fetch toilet paper in a pinch...too cute! And Yes, I can relate!)

Love ya! Happy Thanksgiving!

Penny said...

Very nice. =) Happy Thanksgiving!

His Girl said...

happy, happy thanksgiving, girlie!

may the blessings abound :)

Unknown said...

Awesome post, Jackie! We'll miss you on your "week off." Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Christmas villages and toilet paper, yep! I hear ya!

Mrs. H said...

Oh Jackie, that was so sweet...and funny! Have a wonderful holiday!

Your friend,
Krystal in TX

Sara@iSass said...

Oh I want to be in the village too! I want to be the cute couple in the horse-drawn sleigh.
Happy Mashed Potatoes DAY!

Elena said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Love, Elena

Anonymous said...

This was a great post! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Growin' With It said...

what a sweet post. now what in the world are we gonna do w/o you for a week?! boo hoo. enjoy though and happy thanksgiving back at ya.

RosyRose said...

Maybe I'll spot you while your here in IN????? Maybe on friday morning about 4 am at Target:)
Happy Thankgiving!
ps: I'll be wearing my red pj's.

Unknown said...

Love your thankful thoughts. And I'm with you on the mashed potatoes.

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a blessed week with your family.

ttm said...

Well you my friend are one of the blessings I am most thankful for! Hope you have a great trip, oh and if we get out shopping this weekend, I'll keep my eye out for a people shrinker! Love ya!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Sometimes random post are the best.

Happy Thanksgiving, Jackie!

Rach@In His Hands said...

I totally giggled at the thought of shrinking and enjoying the loveliness of a tiny Christmas village....and Ricardo's response. Just so funny. :)

I pray you had a very happy Thanksgiving, Jackie!

I'm very thankful to have found a friend in you.

jennifer said...

Jackie - you're so cute!

I love that Avery can get me diapers and actually wants to help me out now (sometimes, she gives me a little too much help).

Hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving!

creative gal said...

Send me your address and I will mail your goodies!! :o) i m b 0 6 1 1 at g mail dot com

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I love your list!

Gretchen said...

What a fun list. Great thankfuls. Yes, I hear ya on the tp. Usually, however, I'm the one running for the roll for someone else (read: son!). My husband doesn't understand my sensitive, emotional, "wouldn't it be nice if" side either, but he lets me have it, so that's good. :)

Happy Christmas season.

Jamie said...

Loved this...so much to be thankful for! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Amanda said...

i love the random thankfulness...happy belated thanksgiving.

Alana said...

Great list. I was totally pumped for the mashed potatoes, too!!

Colored With Memories said...

your tp comment totally had me rollin'