Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm sure these curtains will make a comeback someday...

So here is a little story of what happens when a rare organizational fit comes over you.

You venture into the deep dark corners of the closet in your spare bedroom/office/workout room. And you start going through all of the many drawers, throwing things away and then moving the remaining junk to various other places throughout the house.

Then a month later, when your friend Rachel hosts a Baby Photo Carnival, and you go to that closet to look for all your old baby pictures, you remember that you moved them. But you can't remember to where.

And that, sweet invisible friends, is why I have no baby pictures of myself today. They are here somewhere, but I'll be darned if I know where.

So these are all I have, not baby pictures, but definitely from long ago and far away, and from a time when orange and green were obviously THE colors to decorate with.

I love this one, in all of it's 1980's blurriness, because of the awesome curtains and carpet in the background - tell me those aren't some pretty sweet drapes. And I also love it because some of my favorite memories are of my dad playing his ukulele while we all fought for a spot on his lap.






This is my hubby when he was about 2 years old, somewhere in Mexico. See, this is why I need to have a baby boy - so he can look just like his daddy. I can hardly stand the cuteness.

.




And I have to throw in a couple of Savannah. Was she really ever this tiny?








Rachel, thank you for hosting this - be sure to drop by her place where the Baby Picture Party is happening!



26 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

The drapes! I think I had them hanging in my house at some point. What were our mothers thinking?

The Fritz Facts said...

I think my mom had the matching couch...just plain awful.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh.my!

You were/are adorable!! So was your hubby! Wow, and I can really see Savannah in both you and him when you were little. That is so cool.

What fun!

Rachel said...

You are both so cute! I think we had some very simmilar curtains in green!

Savanah is so sweet! Faith was giving me trouble this morning cuz I didn't post any of her baby pictures. Maybe next time.

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I think we had a couch that would have matched those drapes! I also think I may have seen a sundress that looked just like that!

Stop cleaning, you'll be able to find everything! =)

ps funny that you have a brother in Virginia Beach too!

Penny said...

Oh, wow -- you just have an all-around cute family!!! =)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, so adorable! Savannah does look like both of you.

I agree, you need a boy. I know he'll look just like his daddy!

Gretchen said...

Darling, darling, darling. She may have his coloring, but that face and sweet smile? All Momma.

I feel you on the picture woes, friend. I hate it when I find safe places for things. Safe from me.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Look at teeny-tiny Savannah!!! OOooo, so cute!!

And your hubby was quite the cute little man.

My Grandpa played the ukulele every time we were all together. I have such awesome memories of that. That's a sweet pic of you all on your dad's lap.

Thanks for showing off your photos!

Growin' With It said...

wanna know what's scary? i bet i had an outfit made out of the same material as those curtains back then!!!

i had the same prob w/ finding my baby photos. i have a beautiful one of me all propped up in a yellow dress and what did i find??? me looking all glazed over w/ psycho dolls looking at me!

Sara@iSass said...

You had curtains, we had a couch that looked like them! Yep, orange and green too.
I have to agree your Hubby was a cute little boy. I'm very parcial to dark hair and eyes.
Ohh, Savannah looks so tiny. I wish they could stay like that for a awhile longer.

Dena said...

I have pictures from when I was little sitting on a sofa that perfectly matched your drapes!

Cute, cute, CUTE pictures!

Anonymous said...

You are all SO CUTE!

Heather of the EO said...

There is a definite sweetness about that cute little face of yours. And it stuck!

SusanD said...

Greetings, I stopped over from Rach's to see your pics. I love the one with the sideways look. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

My mom was so good about saving stuff from my childhood years but she hasn't relinquished all the PHOTOS. I have hardly any of me b/c they're all at her house. I need to ask/beg her for some of them!

Very cute post. I loved your pics.

Liz said...

Aww what a sweet photo with your dad. :)

Rachel said...

I have some thing for you at my blog! Swing over and check it out!

Jamie said...

Such cute pictures...all of them! I love the one with you all on your dad's lap.

Elena said...

Very cute pictures!

Mari said...

What cute babies! Savannah was simply beautiful! I remember the green and orange time and hoe it's not revisited any time soon.

Unknown said...

You're right. They're definitely comin' back.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You win for most unique because no one else's pics featured a ukelele. (Spell?) and your husband was indeed so cute. But that little Savannah, she is adorable.

Colored With Memories said...

oh my! at first i was thinking that savannah looked so much like you...til i saw ricardo...wow she looks a lot like him as a baby! so cute!

it is crazy to think that our kids will be making fun of our home furnishings some day. like i really like my house right now...i can't imagine it being as tacky as those curtains one day!

Carolina Mama said...

Such sweet comparisons. I"d show her off too. Such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Loved seeing pictures of you when you were little and of Savannah what a cutie. And those curtains, those are the same ones my grandma has hanging in her living room! I don't ever remember those lovely curtains not being in her windows!