Monday, March 30, 2009

Tae-bo observations

So, somebody in our household is very, very excited about Tae-bo - I'll give you one guess as to who that might be.

It isn't me.

We did it Friday morning, and this accountability thing must be working; the only reason I followed through on it is because I posted here that I would.

Back in the day, back when I actually used to get up at 6:00 a.m. to walk/run a couple of miles and do Tae-bo before heading off to work, I used to be a tiny bit prideful of how high my kicks were. Just a little. There is a girl on the video who kicks her leg above her head, and it was always my goal to kick as high as she did, although I never did get there. But there is a point where Billy says, "Kick to the waist - or go to the knee if you have to, but don't give up!"

"The knee?" I used to think. "Pshaw! Who kicks just to the knee?"

Well. Apparently I do now, and it is an awkward sight to see.

And also, at one point, I had to grab on to the couch to steady myself because, you know, kicking to the knee is pretty strenuous stuff, and my equilibrium went all wonky. Savannah immediately zeroed in on that and chided me as only a 3 year old can, "Mama! Why you hold on to dat pillow? Don't do that!"

Who needs Bob and Jillian? I have my own little personal trainer right here at home.

When she woke up from her nap later that day, the first thing she asked was, "Mama, can we do more exercising now?"

I'll just let you wonder what the answer was to that one.

She also informed me that Billy needs a new shirt, because his tore and you can "see his chest". I couldn't agree more.




24 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so funny! Laura likes to sit on my chest while I try to do sit-ups. Makes it more fun. I, too am addicted to Lost. Whew, I feel better now that it's out in the open... Hope you have a great week!

ttm said...

Wow! That's one way to burn off her excess energy! She is so cute, I love how she is so focused!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for finishing! One step at a time, right? I mean, kicking at the knee is better than not kicking at all! And I totally know how you feel...now that I'm pregnant and not working out as strenuously as I used to, I have totally lost any and all endurance and strength that I used to have. GAH. You never know what you had til it's gone, eh?

jennifer said...

what a sweetie! our girls would have sooo much fun together. why don't you just come on over for a playdate today? it's 70 and sunny... we could go to the park. ;-)

Tracy's Porch said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!! She is so beyond precious.

Sara@iSass said...

If I had her energy I might actually make it through a whole session of Tae Bo! LOL
That was really cute!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Heehee! I had to watch the video twice 'cause Savannah is SOOO cute! I, too, wish I had that energy and enthusiasm!!!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

{giggling}

Hey! She's pretty good!

Carpool Queen said...

I hope you can walk tomorrow. Kicking my bad habits is about all I can muster this week. Good for you!

Gretchen said...

The cool thing is...you're being such a great role model for her--you can already see it. She doesn't HAVE to know you hate it. :)

Go girl!

Amber said...

Ugh. I have my own personal trainer, too. I've resorted to working out AFTER he goes to bed, so that he doesn't hound me when I sit down and take a break!!

And is the girl with the high kicks the one with the gray leggings and pink sports bra? I want to be her when I grow up!

Heather of the EO said...

That was the cutest thing ever. She's just so stinking cute!

I'm sure Jillian has nothing on her!

Rachelle said...

So cute that she like to exercise with you! I have a friend who's kids learned to count backwards by watching mom do the workout video - so its also a learning experience ;)

Unknown said...

Loved this! I really needed to laugh today!

Mrs. H said...

I sooooooo wished I loved working out like Miss Savannah! She is so adorable! Good for you too for sticking with it...I haven't worked out today, but after our ball game tonight...slim chance though! But there is always tomorrow! I think I am discouraged because I've been working out for about a month now and I have gained weight. Really? What is up with that? My friend asked me toda what I was eating? Well, obviously, NOT what I am supposed to be ;-)!

I really would love to know what kind of video camera you have! Thanks!

Y'all have a great evening!
Krystal

The Fritz Facts said...

That is so cute! Boo has done that before with my work out tapes. She loves it, as I groan my way through it all!

Keep it up! You can do it!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I got patient and waited for the video to load. What else do I have to do right now! I loved seeing Savannah dancing. Lauren watched with me and kept asking me what Sunann a was doing! As crazy as this sounds I loved hearing your voice and hers.

Your crazed, bummed up friend! :)

Carla said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Unknown said...

Your excersie partner is a doll!

Growin' With It said...

ahh that billy...handsome fella! this is the part that got me:

"walk/run a couple of miles and do Tae-bo" are you for real? who wants to exercise MORE after walking or running. i'm impressed. even if it was "before"...back at doing taebo is awesome!!

cute video!

Colored With Memories said...

that's awesome...love the video!

let's just say that my kids will never have the opportunity to imitate exercise around here...because it doesn't happen!

Penny said...

That is too precious! I need her enthuasiaum!

Anonymous said...

Haha... can you send Savannah my way? I need a trainer too! :)

Jamie said...

Too cute...I could sure benefit from your little personal trainer!