Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flip Flop Frenzy

So, yesterday I put on my cute little black wedge sandals and went shopping.

I was feeling mighty sassy at first, but then, since I obviously haven't worn them all winter, they begin to rub a little. After about 3 hours of walking around, they were really starting to rub. A lot. My poor little feet were so happy to get home and kick those shoes off. So much for vanity.

And then as I was inspecting the damage done in the form of little red welts on the top of my feet, it hit me - Linda's Flip Flop Frenzy. Today. Where we all show off our brand new shoes that our flip-flop buddy sent us. The kind of event where you are expected to take pictures of your feet, self-inflicted welts not withstanding.

However, the only redeeming factor that I have going on right now is that I got an amazing, relaxing, paraffin-dipping pedicure on Monday, thanks to a lovely gift card from some friends.

So maybe you'll focus on the pretty toes instead.



I was matched with the lovely Jamie from Purposeful Pursuit. I don't know about you, but I get so giddy when I get real mail, so I was thrilled when I got my package from her.

Aren't these darling?



And these little bracelets are the best color combination ever...I think that Savannah is going to fight me for them, though.






Jamie also sent along a little bottle of pink polish for Savannah, which thrilled her to no end. I had no peace until I sat down and painted her toes. Don't look too closely, I never claimed to be a pedicurist.






Jamie, thank you so much - I couldn't have asked for anything better! And thanks to Linda for hosting!


27 comments:

Growin' With It said...

you both have AWESOME taste in style. those are some hot ones and she sent goodies along too? pretty awesome!

poor toes though, i know we are probably ALL ready for that callous to build up again so we can be flip flop and free!

thanks for playing.

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Super Cute! I LOVE those flip-flops! How very sweet that she included the polish for Savannah! Sweet!

sara said...

oh my gosh, those are so cute, especially on your daughters feet!!!! How fun!!!

Amanda said...

those are fabulous! and i am definitely with you on needing to rebuild my flip-flop callous...especially after a LONG, COLD indiana winter! :)

Penny said...

How absoutely precious! I LOVE those flip flops -- and I think Savannah does, too, haha!

Gretchen said...

Cute feet. Cute shoes. Cute bracelet model. :)

H-Mama said...

very cute. i love that you included your sweet baby girl as well.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Wow, this is the third post today that I saw on the flip flop thing and I was ALREADY jealous. I had seen the little button, but never really thought much of it. Now I SO wish I would've investigated. It sounds like so much fun. I love flip flops and I need some!

Yours are so cute! She did a great job picking them out for you. Plus those wonderful extras!

So fun!

Carpool Queen said...

Sassy!

Rachel said...

Very cute! I should have clicked on someones button and found about all this fun!

Unknown said...

How did I not know about this? I live in flip flops. Cute toes and shoes.

Kodi said...

How did I miss out on this? I read "growin'" everyday! Darn it! You have cute feet, and at least you have ten toenails. Maybe I'll expand on that one in a blog someday.

Amber said...

I heart those flip flops doubly much! How cute are they?!?!?

And how awesome is the Flip Flop Frenzy!!! I'm sad I missed out on that gig.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you like them! Your pedicure sounds wonderful...those toes look great.

Carrie said...

How adorable...I'm so jealous! ;)

I'm sure your sweet little girl will share the bracelets with you, sometimes..hee hee!

How fun!

Rachelle said...

You girls have some cute feet going on! ;)

Melissa said...

I love those shoes! I am either barefoot or in flip~flops...they look gorgeous on your feet even with the owies!

Rach@In His Hands said...

I LOVE those flip-flops! The color is gorgeous.....I want them.

I vividly remember walkin' around Target last year with Josh after church one Sunday. Spring had just hit so I was wearing a cute pair of sandals. BOY did I get some blisters!! Ouch! I was hobbling around the store acting like I wasn't in major pain. :-) The things we do for cute shoes.

Unknown said...

What fun! Those sandals are really cute! I'll be sending something your way as soon as I can get someone to go to the post office for me!!! :)

Sara@iSass said...

I hate it when I get sore feet from shoes that do't fit. :(
Makes me so sad.
I love those buckles! How cute is that!
My girl does the same thing! (hope she enjoys it now because I'm afraid she'll have feet like her mother.)

Mrs. H said...

Jackie those are too cute!!! You got very lucky! And how sweet to send Miss Savannah something!

Your feet look very pretty! Ready for summer!

Tiffany said...

That's are some of the cutest sandals I've ever seen, do you know where she got them by any chance??

The Fritz Facts said...

Those are super cute! I love the color. Flip Flops are a staple come summer.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Alana said...

So cute!

Becky said...

I LOVE those!!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love the toes and the shoes!

And this post reminds me that I need a pedicure very, very badly!