Thursday, April 09, 2009

Needed: New Personal Trainer

I sat down to write this post just now while Savannah was eating lunch, thinking I could steal a couple of minutes without her noticing.

Um, right. She came zipping over 2 seconds later and said, "Mama! You want to exercise with me?"

I'm thinking about firing her as my personal trainer...seriously, this girl doesn't let up.

Very fitting, I suppose, seeing as how I am trying to do a wrap-up post for Linda's 2 week 5x30 challenge. And I have to say I owe most of my success to Savannah for pushing me every day, because let's face it - most of the time it's much easier to find something more fun to do, like clean the bathrooms.

So I've made a little progress. My Tae-bo kicks, while nowhere near my head, are a little higher than they were. I can make it through the whole thing without collapsing in a heap like I did on the first day. And in my book that is some serious success.

Out of the two weeks (not counting weekends), I missed one day. Last Friday was crazy, I can't remember what was going on, but I just couldn't make it work. But the rest of the time I was able to fit in at least an hour workout.

I usually hate every second while I'm doing it, but I feel incredible afterwards. Funny how it's the exact opposite when I cave and eat chocolate...I feel incredible while popping them in my mouth, and then horrible after. A combination of the sugar rush and the guilt, I suppose. Hmmm.

So part of my motiviation for this has been an upcoming trip at the end of April. Savannah and I will be going to Missouri to visit my grandparents, and so I have set a little weight loss goal for myself. Now, they could care less what I look like, but it just gives me something to shoot for, and I've figured out that I do so much better with a short-term goal in place.

Linda has promised to come back next week with another challenge....bring it on!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jackie! You did a lot better than I did! *hangs head*

Kelly said...

Good job "moving it!" I'm looking forward to the next challenge too.

Colored With Memories said...

i think you're doing great. and short term goals are the best!

i need a new personal trainer too...can savannah come our way? lily just wants me to sit on the couch and watch movies...and share her cheetoes!

sara said...

way to go!! I am with you, I hate doing the exercise every minute but love it when I am done!! I have been off for 3 weeks with all that has been going on, tonight I am starting back up.....I am dreading it!

Penny said...

I'm very proud of you. I failed this challenge in epic proportions.

Gretchen said...

Awesome job, Jackie. I love how this is teaching you to set little, doable goals. You really sound proud of yourself, and you should be. And give that little trainer a hug.

Carpool Queen said...

I need an encourager like her! Around here, I'm just encouraged to make another meal. And quickly.

Great job! Keep it up -

Amber said...

Good job, girl.

Keep it up!!!!

And maybe Savannah will end up being an aerobics instructor or something. Appears like she has a knack for it!!! :)

Kodi said...

That's great! I never work out...and wonder why I'm fat! haha At least pregnancy is a good excuse. I live in Missouri! Where do your grandparents live?

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL you might have to fire your trainer:) I am glad Savannah kept you motivated.

Mrs. H said...

Awesome Jackie!!!! I am so impressed! I need to borrow your little personaly trainer!

Alana said...

You can do it! I've been on with the exercise, but not so on with the eating. I need deliverance from Coca Cola!

Where in Missouri? That's where I live, you know!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Good job. I hope you reach your weight goal and that you have a great trip.

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

You GO girl! Way to stick to the exercise program.

I too struggle with not wanting to do it, but LOVING the endorphin kick after I'm done :)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

That is a lot of exercise! Way to go, my friend! Way to go!