Thursday, October 16, 2008

The best day of autumn

For me, this autumn season is now complete. I have visited the pumpkin patch, and I am happy.

How can the day not be good when you pull in and see this cute little store? And the brilliant sky with clouds of perfect puffiness?




I had checked the forecast a few days previously, and was assured of good weather. Perfect, sunny, rain-free. And it was all of that, but they failed to mention the wind, which picked up as we drove to the pumpkin patch and was gusting briskly by the time we exited the car. And obviously, since we were at a farm where there is an abundance of loose dirt, we were slathered with sheets of blowing dust.

Savannah had no compunction about commandeering my sunglasses to protect her eyes after getting an eyeful of dirt. And of course I let her, because that's just part of being a mom, right?




A short hayride, and then we were deposited in the field of pumpkins.




Too bad it wasn't "all you can carry". She might be small, but she gave it her best shot.





She had finally narrowed it down to one, the perfect pumpkin...





And then Daddy, who was excited as the rest of us, complicated matters a little by showing her a few other choices. Needless to say, with all of the time we took picking out the consummate pumpkin, we were the last ones to re-board the wagon for the hayride back.







A kiss for Daddy, just 'cause he's the best pumpkin-picker-outer in the whole world.




She was thrilled with these chickens, and bravely stuck her fingers through the fence. She giggled hysterically when they pecked at her, and then said, "The chicken SMILED at me!" Hmmm. I think we need to get her a puppy before she starts demanding farm animals as pets.




Another highlight...petting a real live sheep! Oh, the joy!





Getting buried in corn - way better than a sandbox.





Weary and windblown and with a fake smile plastered on her face...a sure sign that we needed to head for home.





Another season is almost over....now bring on Thanksgiving....I'm ready!


Photobucket

36 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

This looks like such fun! I love the sunglasses photo!

Gwendolyn said...

Your little girl is SO adorable! I just want to pinch her cheeks! LOL. She reminds me of one of my little daycare girls...and I DO pinch her cheeks every day. She probably has nightmares about me. :o)

sara said...

great pictures!!! I miss that time with my kids. Are you now going to carve those pumkins and roast the seeds?

Miss Lisa said...

It looks like so much fun!
She is so cute :)
(we are hitting the Patch today so now I am even more excited!)

Unknown said...

She is absolutely adorable!! I love the sunglasses picture! You'll have to print that off and frame it! Looks like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! Looks like ya'll had a great time!

ttm said...

What a fun day that was...sigh!

Sara@iSass said...

OH, fall is a wonderful time! Love your pictures. I like the little pig one! Too cute.

Blessings From Above said...

Looks like it was the PERFECT fall day!

jennifer said...

oooh. I want to go!

We haven't been yet, but we are definitely planning a trip to the pumpkin patch soon.

It just isn't officially fall without a trip to the pumpkin patch - you are so right!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Adorable in your sunglasses :)
I love trips to the pumpkin patch but I don't think we're going to make it there this year. We've got some pumpkins growing in our garden, so that will have to do.

What a fun day!!

Growin' With It said...

aww, what a gorgeous day and fun memories. even the wind. she looked like a little model in the sunglasses and windblown hair! loved the cute little pumpkin she's carrying. and that photo of kissing daddy is priceless!

Beachy Mimi said...

Great pictures and memories despite the wind and dust. So cute! I love the one of her trying to carry more than one pumpkin. She is a doll.

Anonymous said...

HOw fun and precious it looks. I have a goody for you at my blog.

Tracy's Porch said...

Looks like so much fun. So so so cute! We are planning to do a pumpkin adventure this weekend. Although, this year we are not driving out to a farm but are trying a festival at a local nursery. We will see if it compares.

Cheri said...

You've got one photogenic daughter there!

I kinda miss the pumpkin patch. My son is at the age where things like that are "boring" or "for little kids" or just plain "weird"...

Mrs. H said...

Oh what wonderful memories you are making! Savannah is adorable!

I too LOVE the pumpkin patch! I'm sad that we've already gone...I want to go again!

Thanks for sharing! Fun! Fun!

Krystal

Grace Acres said...

I can't wait for our pumkin day now!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Great moments and memories!:) Love the shades, too cute!

Lisa said...

Those glasses are funny...what we won't do for our kids!

Is that a Bears shirt your husband is wearing?? What's up with that? :)

Rachel said...

Great pictures!

We still need to make it to the pumpkin patch/orchard. My husband is dying to have some cider and donuts! Maybe tomorrow.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Such beautiful pictures and it looks like it was such a fun day! We have a corn box at the pumpkin patch we go to and that's always a big hit with the kids, too!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vintage Dutch Girl said...

I plan to take Bubbalu to the pumpkin patch VERY soon!!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I just love that a chicken smiled at her! My favorite part of this entire post!! :)

Elena said...

So Cute! I love the look on Savannah's face when she is playing in the corn:)

Anonymous said...

Jackie, These are too adorable. You did a great recap of the day. What fun! Happy Fall!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I wonder if I have a pumpkin patch near us...

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

She's completely adorable, but you know that! What a perfect day.

Erin K. said...

So cute! I love the Daddy kiss! We are hoping to make it to the pumpkin patch this weekend, but I'm not sure if it will happen. A clean house (for company on Sunday) and a date night for mom and dad take top honors on the agenda, but if we can squeeze it in I hope we can get some pictures as precious as yours. :-)

SarahHub said...

These pictures of Savannah put a big 'ol smile on my face!

Missy said...

Ok, I am constantly shocked at how you get so many comments. What is your secret??

rachel said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Your daughter is a sweetie pie. And a woman through and through. Only our gender contemplates her options for that long! :)

Have a great day!

Aspiemom said...

That looks like so much fun! I remember those days!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh, I love those pictures. It looks like you had a great time. I especially love the sunglasses shot. Too sweet!

Alana said...

You gotta love a great pumpkin patch day! I need to get my pumpkin patch pics up!!