Friday, October 31, 2008

Hot for the Holidays - Week 2



First off - I went to the chiropractor yesterday to have my knee checked out. I was getting concerned because it has been a week and a half since I fell, it was still really swollen, and I couldn't bend it. Which is sort of hampering my exercise plans.

But...good news! It's nothing serious, I just pulled a ligament and so now I have to try and get the swelling to go down so it will heal properly. I am so relieved...I had visions of joining my mother-in-law who is scheduled for knee replacement surgery later this month. So....whew!

And, good news on the weight loss front...I am down another 1.5 pounds. I wanted oh so badly to lose 2 complete pounds this week, but it just didn't happen.

My husband, whom I dearly love, brought some pure and unadulterated sin into the house last night...a can of root beer. We don't keep soda in the house, ever, so it's normally not even a temptation. He doesn't even like root beer, but I do, so he brought it home with me in mind. Why, thank you, honey.

Of all the carbonated and sugar-infested beverages, root beer is the one that tempts me the most. I resisted all last night, but by this afternoon, it was calling my name. Loudly. So I opened it up, had two sips, and poured the rest down the drain. And it wasn't even that hard, because I was thinking about the 13 teaspoons of sugar in the form of high-fructose corn syrup that could have gone into my body instead disappearing into my sink. Crisis averted!

So...3 pounds down, 12 more to go by Dec. 25. It's gonna be a very merry Christmas.

Updated: Oops...apparently dieting has an adverse affect on my addition skills. I lost 1 pound last week, 1 1/2 this week...so that makes 2 1/2. Not 3. That was just my wishful thinking.


Photobucket

19 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Woo hoo!

That is great :)

Grace Acres said...

I think if I calculated correctly, losing 1.5-2 pounds per week on average will reach you your goal by christmas. so you might as well do the victory dance now because you so have it in the bag! great job in advance.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Way to go on the 3 lbs so far, Jackie! You're well on your way to reachin' your goal! :)
Diet Pepsi is my downfall...I seriously need to put strict limits on it or I'd drink it all day!
How sweet is Ricardo, though?! Getting you your fav drink...even if you had just 2 sips!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

YAY JACKIE!! I am so proud of you! Especially this week, with the bad knee. I can see you are going to inspire many. :)

Aspiemom said...

Wow, Jackie, you're doing great in your weight loss! Especially when you can't be more active. (Hope your knee heals soon!)

That's great willpower to only take 2 sips and throw out something you really like. A treat, no less! I only keep Mt. Lightning around because of my headaches and migraines (The caffeine helps, but I can't take Excedrin because of the aspirin.). Many times I only will drink half the can. I'm a water person.

Congrats on your 2.5 lb. total!

Are you going to post a picture yet?

SmilingSally said...

You're doing a great job. Steady as she goes.

The Smiths said...

3 lbs is awesome. I am glad your knee is nothing serious. Keep up the good work.

Sarah said...

You showed some HUGE will power by pouring that Root Beer down the drain. Great job. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

Elena said...

I'm glad you knee is OK! Good job on the weight loss. I love rootbeer too:)

SarahHub said...

Yahoo! Great job! And the root beer down the drain earned my respect!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Girl you are doing great! Slow and Steady is the way:)

Colored With Memories said...

awesome news about the weight and your knee! hopefully the swelling will go down in no time!

i'm shocked you poured the RB down the drain...you have total will power!

Unknown said...

My jaw dropped when I read you poured that soda out. Probably because I neeeed one right now and we don't keep it in the house either. While the other commenters are saying how proud they are, I'm yelling, "No Jackie! Not the soda!!"

Dots said...

Good luck.. it sure will be a Merry Christmas!

Jamie said...

Way to go!!! Keep up the hard work, you are doing great!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Excellent progress you're making, Jackie! I'm happy for you.

Hey, have you ever tried Blue Sky root beer? It's my favorite...and it would make me cave too!

Mamajil said...

glad to hear your knee is gonna be ok! I am totally impressed with your will power! That is so awesome! Keep it up! :)