Thursday, June 19, 2008

I won't be eating steak for awhile, but.....

Thank you so much to everybody who wished me well for my gum surgery. When I sat down in the chair and they started to prep me, I got so nervous and my stomach tightened up into a big ball. So I prayed. I figured Jesus cares about even the little stuff, so I asked that He would calm me down and get me through this. And He did.

In the end, the procedure went much more quickly than last time, and with less pain, which was huge. I spent the day hanging out with my family, and I got to take a 2 1/2 hour nap, which never happens, so I enjoyed every second of that. Never mind that it was almost 6 p.m. when I woke up, totally disoriented. And maybe a little grumpy from having slept too long. I haven't eaten too much yet, as it's still pretty sore, but I'm going to take Darcie's advice tomorrow and make myself a big berry smoothie.

Let's hope that it takes this time. Yeah. That would be great.

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Glad it well!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad to hear that it went better this time. Try to at least enjoy the down time!