Tuesday, May 20, 2008

All you ever wanted to know

So, Kerri at Colored With Memories tagged me to do this meme, and although I typically don't like to go on and on about myself....well, I'm going to. :) Feel free to skip right past this, I'm afraid it won't be too exciting.


4 things I was doing 10 years ago:


1. Wow....1998. Let's see, I was living in Dallas, going to Bible school.

2. I was working at a restaurant as a hostess/cocktail waitress in downtown Dallas. I was terrible at both, but was especially inept at the whole cocktail waitressing thing. Let's just say I am still scarred from the time that I dropped a glass of wine, and I watched in slow motion as it reached out its liquid tentacles toward my unsuspecting customer. Fortunately it just missed her, but oh, the horror.

3. I was busy spending more money than I was earning...on school, going out to eat way too much, and making other stupid and reckless purchases of junk that I didn't need. Not to mention Starbucks. I'm embarrassed to admit how much I used to spend at Starbucks monthly.

4. I was also paid by a church in Plano to play the piano for their services every week. It was 45 minutes away, but the money was a huge blessing at that time in my life.


3 things I was doing 5 years ago:


1. We were getting ready to celebrate our first-year anniversary on June 1.

2. I had a job as an office manager for a small office, which in hindsight was a terrible position for me because I hate conflict and I hate dealing with irate people. I would wake up every morning with a sense of dread because it so messed with my peace-loving nature. Fortunately I had a good boss who recognized this and moved me to a new position shortly after. So, no more manager jobs for me.

3. We were planning a vacation to Puerto Vallarta. Oh, the good old days when we actually traveled!


4 things I did yesterday:


1. Dusted.

2. Laundry.

3. Exercised.

4. Read way too many blogs.


4 shows I love to watch:

1. The Office

2. American Idol

3. Anything on Food Network that involves a contest of wedding cake decorating.

4. Seinfeld.


4 things I love to do:


1. Take a nap while it's raining.

2. Go on a date with my hubby. (Rare, but so special when it happens!)

3. Read....love getting lost in a book.

4. Sing silly made-up songs with Savannah. I love it when she picks up on the silliness and sings it right along with me.

So I think I'm supposed to tag some other people, but I'm going to skip that part. Feel free to do this meme if it sounds good to you!

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

Thanks for playing along!

It was fun getting to know you...

I'm curious to know where you went to Bible school in Dallas.

Kerry

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Ooooh, naps in the rain.....haven't had one in forever, but those are the very BEST!