Thursday, May 22, 2008

I don't want to miss even one song

Today I just want to grab my baby girl and hug her tight.

I want to seal inside of me ever precious word she has ever said, every baby giggle that has bubbled from her lips, every memory we have made together since she entered our lives two and a half years ago.

My heart is broken for the Chapman family. Tears keep coming to my eyes when I think of how completely devastated they must be. Their beautiful little girl is now in Heaven with her Father, but oh, how the ones left here on this earth must miss her.

I listened to the song Cinderella again today. Since I first heard this song, it has been one of my favorites, and even before the tragedy occurred last night, I couldn't listen to it without crying. Now, those words are more poignant than ever, and my heart hurts for these precious people that I don't even know.

I know that my baby doesn't really belong to me. She is first and foremost a child of our Heavenly Father, and He has blessed me beyond belief in giving her to me for a little while. I don't even want to imagine that she might not always be here on this earth with me, but I know none of us are promised tomorrow. So today as I weep for the Chapman's precious Cinderella, I hold my own a little closer. I memorize the little details that make up our day, the things that may sometimes seem monotonous or mundane, but in reality are priceless treasures.

And I don't want to take even one second for granted.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well written.

"Cinderella" is my ringtone when my husband calls me but that had slipped my mind yesterday. The first time he called after I heard about the Chapman's little girl, I felt so awful.

Tirz said...

Well said, Jackie. I think it's on the heart of every mother when things like this tragic accident happen. I don't have any fear except the fear of living out my life on earth without either of my children. I give that to the Lord on a regular basis and I remember that as much as I love my children, God loves them sooooo much more and wants so much more for them than I could hope to imagine. When something like this tragic accident happens, it always brings home how precious life is ... what a wonderful gift from the Lord it is and reminds me how we must love like there's no tomorrow. All that matters in this world is how much we love our God and how much we love others ... especially those He's placed in our lives.