Friday, May 23, 2008

My assistant baker

Savannah hates her booster chair. She refuses to sit in it at the dinner table; she wants to sit in the "big chairs" like Mama and Dada.

However, she has just discovered its magic heightening powers as she drags it around the kitchen and boosts herself up to reach whatever she can find on the counters.

Today it is rainy and cool; it feels more like a chilly fall day than a summer Memorial Day weekend. Perfect weather to make beef stew and cookies.

I just pulled the cookies from the oven, and set them on a rack on the counter. Savannah lugged her trusty booster chair over to supervise the cooling process. And possibly swipe a chocolate chip or two.

(And yes, I know, Savannah desperately needs a haircut. I am debating whether to cut her bangs or let them grow out. My indecisiveness has led to the shaggy-dog syndrome).


Pul-eeeze, Mama?





That's it. I'm not waiting any longer....




Finally!





Yes....definitely finger-lickin' good.




There's nothing sweeter....

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Those are some big, thick yummy looking cookies! I don't blame your sweet girl for wanting to dig in. And if you want my opinion, keep the bangs as long as possible.

Kaley Taylor said...

Hi Jackie! Thanks for de-lurking over at my blog and for your vaca idea! I am pretty new to blogging, but I love meeting new bloggy friends. Your daughter is adorable! Looks like you guys had fun making those cookies :)

Miss Lisa said...

Oh yum! I love baking with my kids--she's going to be such a big help in the future! She is so cute :)

Thanks so much for checking out my blog and the ebay tip--I'll check it out!

Missy said...

Cutie pie!

I am a bang-grower-outer. Her's are long enough I bet to put them up in a little pony tail straight up on top of her head - which I think is the cutest thing, because only very little girls can get away with it. I am always sad once they get too long to stick straight up like a little fountain!